Добавлено: Ср Мар 23, 2011 5:13 pm
Please give me a bit more time. I've already finished both wings and I'm currently working on wing struts and upper wing assembly. Once it's done I'll post the pictures of whole process.
МаратН - Earlier we agreed to use English because it is easy to translate with Mozilla or Chrome translator.
МаратН - Мы договорились, прежде чем использовать английский язык, потому что это легко перевести с Mozilla или Chrome переводчик.
Добавлено: Сб Мар 26, 2011 12:47 am
Thank you for posting the pictures. I don't understand - what do you mean by smoke? If you mean the engine - then I can tell you it's going to be totally open.
Спасибо за размещение фотографий. Я не понимаю, - что вы подразумеваете под дым? Если вы имеете в виду двигатель - тогда я могу сказать вам, что это будет полностью открытым.
The PART PE bits are OK, but there are only the cylinders, and I would have to scratchbuild the whole engine body. I'm affraid that I could spoil the model with my scratchbuilt engine. I can't postpone the build of engine anymore and wonder to take a shortcut by buying a Neomega M-11 engine and combining it with PE parts and some scratchbuilt pieces.
I haven't heard of Elf or Prop&Jet engines. Could you please give me links to their M-11 engines?
Добавлено: Пт Май 06, 2011 10:32 am
Unfortunately the model crashed when I took it to show it to my colleagues. I was so depressed to see the upper wing dangling on the rigging that I had to take few days off. Preparing wheels with correct tread pattern and separate hubs for 1/48 PBY Catalina calmed my nerves. So beginning of this week I started rebuilding the U-2. I’ve got the wing attached again and now I’m working on the rigging. Soon I will proceed with further construction.
P.S. My next project will be Catalina cutaway with most of the panels removed revealing the complete interior (a project for next few years I suppose ).
Thank you EXPrompt for the reminder. I think a month will be enough to finish the engine
I managed to fix the U-2. I had to make the rigging all over again and added some little details like beeching gear wheels with wedges and sidelights. I also added the rudder star decal (long awaited from TECHMOD decals) and finally finished the engine covers.
Recently I started to assemble the PART celinders:
Mr Загоруйко Віктор sold me the excelent ELF engine:
Now I see that PART cylinders are oversized in order to fit the kit engine body. It means I will not use them in my model. Fortunately the ELF engine cylinders are very well moulded. I would never expect such quality from extruded plastic accessory. The only things I will have to scratchbuild are the exhaust pipes and the back of the engine (but I planned to do that anyway).
Additionally I've noticed that engine of the floatplane differes a bit from the standard PO-2 engine. The pushrods and valves are totally covered to protect these parts from water splashes. I thought it would be great to make at least two cylinders with these covers removed.
I have purchased a glass display case to protect my model. The mirror under the model allows to see the uncovered belly.
Добавлено: Пт Июн 17, 2011 9:40 am
I started work on the engine. First I removed all the details moulded on the back of the engine body, and addend first details made of PE fret:
Next I put the engine into one piece. Playing with uncovered valves took some time but was worth the result. The PE nuts and bolt heads which I got from my friend were very helpful in detailing the valves and the engine body:
Using Milliput I formed the valve cover and then casted it in resin:
Finalny I addend some wires and tubes. Now I’m playing with pushrods’ covers. I think I’ll find the engine plate in my decal stock. Once the front of engine is ready I will fix it in it’s mounting and start detailing the back of it:
Вы не можете начинать темы Вы не можете отвечать на сообщения Вы не можете редактировать свои сообщения Вы не можете удалять свои сообщения Вы не можете голосовать в опросах Вы не можете вкладывать файлы Вы не можете скачивать файлы